Home Kent News Wayne Couzens ‘exposed himself’ to Swanley McDonald’s worker just weeks before murdering...

Wayne Couzens ‘exposed himself’ to Swanley McDonald’s worker just weeks before murdering Sarah Everard

2
0
Advertise here from £20*

Original article from Kent Live

A McDonald's worker in Swanley has said Wayne Couzens exposed himself to her just three weeks before he killed Sarah Everard.

The woman said Couzens pulled up to the order hatch at the drive-thru on the A20 with his trousers down and flashed her.

She claims it was not the first time Couzens had exposed himself to a member of staff at McDonald's but she was the first to report it to the police, after she recognised him in the news coverage of the Sarah Everard case.

Read more: Police investigating whether Sarah Everard killer Wayne Couzens could be responsible for more crimes

The staff member told MailOnline: "The whole has thing left me quite disturbed. He casually pulled up to the serving hatch having ordered his food and I could clearly see that he was naked from below the waist.

"It was not the first time that he had done this when he came to McDonald's, but I was the only female member of staff to report it.

"I'm glad I took a stand and alerted the authorities because it was the right thing do. But I never imagined that he would go on to murder a woman, it's tragic."

Wayne Couzens reportedly exposed himself to staff at McDonald's in Swanley on more than one occasion

The McDonald's worker allegedly targeted by Couzens added: "I believe that the police took action when I reported the matter at the time but I suppose the question is if it was appropriate enough?

"A process was underway, they were looking into it but perhaps they could have done more. I never thought it would escalate in the way that it did, and I don't think the police did either.

"I have not spoken about the incident at great length because I don't want to take anything away from Sarah's killing.

"At the end of the day the focus should be on her and her family and other women who have been killed by men.

"I'm a devout Christian and people in my church have supported me.

"The whole thing was very disturbing. I no longer work at McDonald's, I'm in a new job and have put the whole thing behind me.

"It is a closed chapter in my life and I've moved on."

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is currently looking into Kent Police after it was accused of not investigating reports that a man had been spotted driving down a road with no trousers on in 2015, when Couzens volunteered there.

Wayne Couzens was sentenced to a whole-life order for the rape and murder of Sarah Everard

Couzens, 48, from Deal, abducted Ms Everard as she was walking to her home in Clapham, south London on March 3, before raping and strangling her.

He then burned her body in a refrigerator and disposed of her remains in a woodland in Ashford.

He pleaded guilty to Ms Everard's murder, kidnap and rape by video link from jail in July.

Yesterday morning (September 30), he was handed a whole-life order by a judge at the Old Bailey, meaning he will never become eligible for parole and will die in prison.

Original Article