Home Kent News Firefighters warn of dangers of discarded cigarettes after stubble field fire

Firefighters warn of dangers of discarded cigarettes after stubble field fire

3
0
Advertise here from £20*

Original article from Kent Live

Firefighters are warning the public to take extra care with discarded cigarettes following a stubble field fire.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service reported on Twitter at 10.36pm yesterday (Tuesday) that it had attended a blaze on Gatland Lane, Maidstone.

One fire engine attended, and firefighters used a hose to tackle the blaze. No casualties were reported and the fire is believed to have spread from a discarded cigarette.

The force said: "It's currently peak season for these types of fires, and so the public are being urged to do their bit to reduce the number of accidental woodland, grass and crop fires across the county.

"Please help prevent further fires by disposing of smoking materials responsibly. You should ensure they’re fully stubbed out and cooled before being put in a bin, and even consider using a portable ashtray when on the go.
Start date and time

The incident was reported to have been attended at 6.13pm and dealt with by 6.32pm.

Video Loading

Click to play
Tap to play

The video will auto-play soon8Cancel

Play now

For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea

Original Article