Home Kent News Firefighters called to blaze caused by food burning in oven

Firefighters called to blaze caused by food burning in oven

4
0
Advertise here from £20*

Original article from Kent Live

Crews were called to a house in after food cooking inside an oven was accidentally left unattended and caught alight.

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames in Beacon Road Chatham, before using a high pressured fan to clear the property of smoke. No casualties were reported.

Following the incident, firefighters are reminding residents to keep looking while they are cooking, and to always switch off hot ovens, hobs or grills when leaving the room.

The Kent force said: "It’s also handy to use a timer to remind you when your food is ready, and to stop it from burning."

For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.

Original Article