Original article from Kent Live
Tesco shoppers were shocked to see a huge car fire in a car park in Dartford.
The vehicle was engulfed in flames in the busy car park but thankfully no one was hurt.
Firefighters raced to the scene in East Hill at around 4pm on Sunday (August 1).
They sent one fire engine and crews wore equipment to aid their breathing while they put out the flames.
One person who witnessed the incident said the car began smoking under the bonnet and the owner immediately called the fire service.
It took less than two minutes for the car to be fully engulfed in flames.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, and no casualties have been reported.
Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you'll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day.
It couldn't be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.
You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.
The fire crews were able to ensure the blaze was under control within a matter of minutes, with the official 'stop time' recorded at 4.10pm.
A spokesperson for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called on August 1 to reports of a car alight in East Hill, Dartford.
"One fire engine attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
"No casualties were reported.
"It’s cause is believed to be accidental."
If you have seen or heard anything you think we should know about, or in relation to this, please contact the KentLive newsdesk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to get the latest stories from Kent direct in to your inbox here