Original article from Kent Live
Sarah Everard killer Wayne Couzens was allegedly seen driving around Dover 'naked from waist down', police have confirmed.
Couzens, a serving Metropolitan police officer, last week pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to murdering the 33-year-old marketing executive.
She had disappeared on her way home near Clapham Common in March, and her body was discovered in woodland near Ashford several days later.
Following Couzens' guilty plea, it emerged Kent Police are being investigated over a "failure to act" when PC Wayne Couzens was linked with a case of indecent exposure in 2015.
The force itself has since confirmed details about the report made at the time.
Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards said: "In May 2021 Kent Police made a referral to the Independent Office for Police Conduct in relation to its investigation into an alleged indecent exposure in Dover, in June 2015.
"It was reported at the time that a man unknown to the complainant, who was also a man, had been spotted driving a car whilst naked from the waist down.
"No arrests were made.
"It would be inappropriate to comment further whilst the IOPC continues to carry out its independent investigation."
While the precise circumstances are not known, Couzens' links to the Dover area have been widely reported.
His family ran the BCB car garage for many years on the Western Heights, where a major search took place in the days after the murder.
Couzens was arrested during a raid at his family home in Deal.
Meanwhile the car he rented to use in the abduction was from a hire firm in Dover, while the Sun recently reported that bin bags used in the murder were bought from the B&Q store in Dover.
It's also been reported that as well as working as a parliamentary protection officer in the Met, he volunteered with Kent Police between 2005 and 2009.
Couzens is said to be linked to several cases of indecent exposure and misconduct.
The IOPC has already served 12 misconduct or gross misconduct notices to serving police officers from several forces and they say they "continue to investigate matters".
Keeping up to date with the latest from the district couldn't be simpler: you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and even sign up to our weekly email updates giving you the latest headlines straight to your inbox.
Simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions to sign up for the MyDover newsletter. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.
You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.
The IOPC is investigating several allegations against the Metropolitan Police, including how Couzens suffered head injuries while in custody on March 10 and 12 after his arrest.
The investigatory body is also exploring alleged Met Police failures to investigate two allegations of another indecent exposure linked to Couzens at a McDonalds in London in February 2021, just weeks before Sarah Everard's murder.
Two officers are being investigated for "possible breaches of professional standards at misconduct level" in relation to this.
An investigation has also been launched into allegations that officers from a number of forces breached standards of professional behaviour while sharing information linked to the prosecution of Couzens via a messaging app.
One officer has been served with a gross misconduct notice and another six have received misconduct notices.
IOPC Regional Director Sal Naseem said: “Our sympathies remain with the family of Sarah Everard and everyone affected by her death in such shocking circumstances."