Home Kent News Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard

Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard

7
0
Advertise here from £20*

Original article from Kent Live

Wayne Couzens has pleaded guilty to the kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard.

The Old Bailey heard Couzens, 48 and from Deal, accepted responsibility for the killing of Sarah.

He was not asked to enter a plea to a charge of murder.

The marketing executive, 33, went missing as she walked home from a friend’s house in Clapham, south London, on March 3.

Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you'll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day.

It couldn't be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.

You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.

A major police investigation was launched and her body was found a week later in woodland in Ashford.

Couzens' plea comes after a post-mortem last week found Sarah died from compression of the neck.

The Metropolitan Police said last Tuesday: “A post-mortem examination into the death of Sarah Everard held at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford has given cause of death as compression of the neck.

Sarah Everard went missing while walking home in Clapham on March 3

A provisional date had been set for Wayne's trial later this year.

At the time, it was said a trial could have lasted for up to four weeks.

Original Article