Original article from Kent Live
A fire broke out at a bungalow in Strood after a dog accidentally turned the toaster on last night (May 28).
Firefighters were called to Millfordhope Road at 9.39pm to tackle the flames.
Three dogs were rescued from the property after the toaster had caught alight in the kitchen.
Two fire engines and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.
Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you'll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day.
It couldn't be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.
You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.
The bungalow was then cleared of smoke with a high pressured fan.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "It's believed the fire was caused accidentally when one of the dogs inadvertently turned on the toaster, which caused an item left on top of the appliance to catch alight.
"Following the incident, crews are reminding residents not leave any objects on top of cooking appliances, such as tea towels or chopping boards, and to ensure ovens and cookers are not used for storage."
The fire service added: "Also, remember to keep pets and children well away from cooking areas."
No casualties were reported.