Home Kent News Fire breaks out at Port Lympne hotel accommodation in Hythe

Fire breaks out at Port Lympne hotel accommodation in Hythe

6
0
Advertise here from £20*

Original article from Kent Live

A fire broke out at guest accommodation in Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve in Hythe last night.

The incident took place in the reserve's Lion Lodge accommodation and emergency services were called to the scene at 7:50 pm yesterday.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the fire started in one of the resort's outdoor bathrooms attached to guest accommodation and was under control by 8:13 pm.

Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you'll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day.

It couldn't be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.

You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve in Hythe, to reports of a small fire in an outdoor bathroom attached to guest accommodation.

"Two fire engines attended and crews extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet.

A fireman works to control the fire at Port Lympne

"There were no reported injuries and the fire is believed to have started accidentally after a candle was left unattended."

Port Lympne is known for offering unique staycation experiences which have caught the eye of a number of celebrities in the past.

The outdoor bath at Port Lympne's Lion Lodge

Gemma Collins, Frankie Bridge and Greg James are some of the stars who have shared snaps of the reserve.

The Lion Lodge immerses visitors in the pack’s enclosure with large panoramic windows providing unforgettable views.

Sleeping up to four, the lodge also includes a private garden, monsoon shower, underfloor heating and an outdoor bath.

In September last year, Port Lympne was evacuated after an exploded bomb was discovered at the reserve.

Guests, staff and animals had to be cleared from the area as specialists dealt with the matter.

Original Article